Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Where Did May Go?

So, I haven't been posting for a while, mainly because I was away at the Medieval Congress at Kalamazoo (two weekends back, now). Then, as soon as I got back, I had to report for jury duty in downtown Seattle, an area I don't know particularly well, travelling to and fro by bus (except the last day, when I got to take the train home). After a day and a half I didn't make the final cut for one trial, but then did get selected for a second trial. It turned out to be a short one, only a day and a half from start to stop, but all told the two sets of interesting events kept me busy, and once they were over I plunged back into work that had been put on hold in the meantime, one of which is due far too soon (and the other only two weeks later). On top of which it's not too long since my previous trip (in April, to Arkansas) or my next one (to Milwaukee, later this summer). I enjoy getting to go places and see people, and do research, but it certainly puts a lot of pressure on the getting-things-done-on-the-current-project(s) front.

All of which is just my way of explaining why posts have been light on the ground here for the last two weeks, and why they'll now be picking up again. Thanks for yr patience.

--JDR

most recent book read: THE SECRET COMMONWEALTH by Rbt Kirk [1691] (II.2784)
current reading: ARDA RECONSTRUCTED by Douglas Kane [2009]
current audiobook: GREECE & ROME: AN INTEGRATED HISTORY OF THE ANCIENT MEDITERRANEAN by Prof. Rbt Garland (The Teaching Company, Great Courses series; courtesy Jeff Grubb). [2008]

No comments: