Sunday, January 15, 2012

The New Arrivals!

So, Friday brought some long-awaited arrivals: three boxes filled with four copies each of the new, improved, one-volume second edition of THE HISTORY OF THE HOBBIT. These are my author's copies, mailed to me from Glasgow near the end of October; I assume they got delayed by all the holiday mail in-between. At over 5 kgs each,* they're a pretty hefty bundle.

Two are already spoken for, and the rest go on the smallish stack downstairs of my remaining copies of the first edition (the trade paperback version).

Horray!

--John R.


........................

Here's what Janice had to say about it, reposted from her Facebook:


Thump:
The sound of John's author copies of the 1 volume The History of the Hobbit arriving on the door step.
We've now got 13 hobbits. I wonder where we can find a dwarf to make up our lucky number?





*each box that is, not each book

No comments: