Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Kalamazoo 2012

So, early tomorrow morning I'm off to attend this year's Tolkien track at the Medieval Congress at Kalamazoo.

There's a handy-dandy listing of the Tolkien sessions here:


--alhough I must add, sadly, that two of the four people on the 75th Anniversary HOBBIT panel have had to bow out (Jane Beal and Jason Fisher). Too bad; I was looking forward to finding out what 'Hidden War' she meant, while Voluspa always gets my attention (having devoted an entire appendix of my book to just one part of it). Still, there are plenty of other interesting-sounding sessions, and of course there's all the non-Tolkien 99% of the rest of the conference to think about too.

So, if you're there, be sure to drop by and say hello.

If not, think about giving it a try another year: I always learn something new I didn't know each year.

--John R.

current audiobook: SILVER ON THE TREE
current Dunsany play: LORD ADRIAN

No comments: