Friday, April 15, 2016

The New Arrival: TOLKIEN ON INVENTED LANGUAGES

So, today my copy* of the new Tolkien book arrived: A SECRET VICE: TOLKIEN ON INVENTED LANGUAGES, edited by Dimitra Fimi and Andrew Higgines --- both of whom I'm hoping to see at Kalamazoo in a few weeks' time.  Unfortunately I'm so deeply immersed in my paper for the Medieval Congress that I haven't had time to dive in yet on the new book. So in the meantime, here's a link to quite a good interview describing the book:**

http://www.tolkiendil.com/tolkien/interview/fimi_et_higgins_en


*actually two copies. I must have preordered it (on amazon.co.uk) as soon as it was listed, and then forgotten that and re-pre-ordered it again more recently to make sure I didn't miss out on it. Good thing I'm towards books like most hobbits are towards food: better two than one.
**thanks to Andrew for the link.

No comments: